Unity Scientific seeks qualified candidates for a Analytical Applications Chemist/Support Engineer to support our Wet Chemistry and NIR product lines with our customers. The ideal candidate will be motivated to provide outstanding customer service and support and to help our business grow. Unity offers training and the opportunity for career growth. We will train the right person.
About Unity Scientific:
We are a leading global provider of NIR instrumentation, automated wet chemistry analyzers and sample preparation apparatus all designed to make our customer’s analytical efforts easier and more efficient. Unity Scientific, along with our sister companies Process Sensors, AMS, and Chopin Technologies, is part of KPM Analytics, a privately held corporation committed to delivering innovative analytical solutions and superior customer support. We approach business from the perspective of creating value in every product we design.
- Provide field service repairs and maintenance at customer locations for our wet chemistry analyzers and NIR systems
- Help trouble shoot to determine if instrument problem is hardware, software, or chemistry related
- Use knowledge of chemistry and colorimetric reactions to support customers
- Provide trouble shooting and technical support via phone and e-mail to help solve customer issues
- Provide basic training to customers in the correct use of our equipment
- Work closely with the North American Sales Team to increase sales throughout the region
- This position will work out of the Engineer’s home office
- Travel 70 - 80% of time
- Past experience with use and repair of analytical instrumentation is required
- Knowledge of similar Wet Chemistry or NIR technology is a strong plus
- Previous customer support experience is a plus
University Bachelor of Science Degree with emphasis in Chemistry is preferred
- Excellent communication skills via phone, in person and email
- Ability to work with customers and project a professional image
- Ability to follow through on projects until completion
- A team player who performs well independently.
- Ability to listen to customer needs and develop action plans to satisfy needs
- Ability to used Windows based software packages, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Benefits package include competitive salaries and other benefits. Unity Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org .