Unity Scientific, a leading supplier of NIR and Wet Chemistry instruments and equipment is seeking a Systems Engineer - Project Leader to work in the Milford, MA corporate headquarters. This position will coordinate the development of next generation NIR instrumentation within R&D. Qualified candidates will provide full lifecycle support from concept to finished product to obsolescence (i.e., cradle to grave). The successful candidate will own the project development cycle and direct internal and external teams through the product life cycle. This position will report to the Leader of the Research & Engineering Department.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work closely with engineering manager and product marketing manager to determine customer requirements.
- Develop hardware and software requirements and detailed engineering specifications that fulfill customer requirements.
- Coordinate the integration of hardware and software modules into final application.
- Compose test plans and assess product development throughout its life cycle to ensure proficiency, accuracy and proper functionality to all specifications.
- Transfer product releases to production for distribution.
- Maintain proper documentation and control of hardware and software projects, including drawings and computer code.
- Respond promptly and efficiently to engineering change requests and corrective actions.
- Develop upgrades, tools and instructions for the field service support team.
- Recommend tools for the management, coordinate, and implementation/updating of the product engineering infrastructure.
- Ability to work with both new and older technologies.
- Must demonstrate drive for results, ownership of work tasks, and leadership skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience developing complex instrumentation platforms for global distribution.
- Experience with design and manufacturing of electronic and mechanical systems.
- Experience with integration of intuitive GUI applications and operating software.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working experience with source control system.
- Able to work in and lead cross functional teams.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, & Project.
- Spectroscopy, chemometric or mathematical algorithms development experiences a plus.
- Optics design experience a plus.
- Qualified applicant must have a BS in Engineering or advanced scientific degree.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in systems engineering with laboratory instruments, or with specific expertise in photonics equipment.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in full lifecycle product/application development capacity.
Send Responses to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates must provide: Resume/CV with cover letter explaining why you are a good candidate
Compensation: Dependent upon skills and experience.
About Unity Scientific
Unity Scientific is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of near infrared instrumentation and automated wet chemistry analyzers. Near infrared technologies include scanning monochromators, Diode Array, filter photometer and FT-NIR instruments that are used at-line and online for quality control analysis. These systems are used in the food, agricultural, dairy, chemical, pharmaceutical and general industrial markets. Automated wet chemistry instrumentation includes discrete and continuous flow analysis along with a line of sample preparation equipment such as block digestors and distillation apparatus. The automated wet chemistry systems are used for water and soil testing in the environmental and agricultural markets for nutrient analysis and general water quality testing. Unity Scientific is based in Milford, MA.
Unity Scientific offers a cooperative work environment, competitive salaries and benefits including 401k and health plan options. Unity Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Attn: Staffing Agencies - This position is for candidates only. Unity Scientific is not accepting staffing or recruiting agency agreements at this time. Any resume which is presented to Unity without prior contractual agreement is considered the property of Unity, so no compensation is paid for unsolicited candidate resumes.
Posted: April 5, 2018
Location: Milford, MA (Boston area)
Type: Full-time, Competitive salary and Benefits
Industries: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Referral Bonus: Direct Hire only - no staffing agencies
Job ID: NA
SEND CV/RESUME TO: email@example.com