Summary About the Position
KPM Analytics seeks qualified candidates for a Regional Sales Manager who is primarily responsible for planning, organizing and controlling and assigned brands from conceptual stages through product life cycles to optimize profit and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth by performing the duties listed within. This position reports to the KPM North America Lab Sales Manager. KPM Analytics offers training and the opportunity for career growth.
About KPM Analytics
The operating companies that make up KPM Analytics have come together because of their industry-leading application expertise in the food, agriculture, and environmental sectors. Recognized by customers for deep application knowledge and superior support, the companies stand as a strategic group with a common passion: providing solutions and solving our customer’s most challenging problems. Through this united approach, our customers big and small will be better served with a broader, more robust offering of scientific instrumentation supported by a global network. Unity Scientific, Process Sensors, AMS, Sightline, Sensortech and Chopin Technologies, are part of KPM Analytics.
Territories: Midwest: Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, NW Territories, and Yukon.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The position of Regional Sales Manager requires 50% travel with additional travel the first year to organize the territory.
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Responsible for the sales of company’s products and services in their designated territory. Each territory has an associated sales objective.
- Annually increases orders to match company’s growth objectives.
- Acquires new customers by proactively seeking new opportunities across product portfolio
- Maintains accurate knowledge of assigned product lines within assigned brands; product demonstrations; product installations; customer visits; routine technical support and consultation to the end user, sales quotations, cold calls, and support of local dealer networks and overall sales of growth of designated territory.
- Responsible for the success of KPM product lines including primarily Unity Scientific, Chopin Technologies and AMS. Secondarily, RSM will also sell PSC, Sightline, and Sensortech in the Food industry.
- Thoroughly tracks project opportunities and establishes a winning strategy for receiving orders
- Provides reports to management upon request
Two to four years related experience and/or training in capital equipment sales managing multiple product lines. Food and Agricultural experience are a plus.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
College or university program certificate; Bachelor’s degree in science or Engineering preferred
- Self-driven – able to self-motivate to achieve company and personal goals; able to make a plan and deliver on objectives.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Consultative selling – must understand and use value based selling techniques
The home office is based in Milford, MA although it may be that Regional Sales Managers may work from remote locations within their territories
While traveling and performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Benefits include competitive salaries and other benefits. KPM Analytics North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your resume to Dan Evans at Dan.Evans@kpmanalytics.com.