Unity Scientific Privacy notice
Last updated: July 19, 2018
You can exercise the following rights by contacting our data protection officer:
- Obtain information about your stored personal data and it’s processing (sharing),
- Correct or otherwise modify personal data, deletion of stored personal data,
- If you have given us consent to process your personal data, you can withdraw it at any time with effect for the future
- Restrictions of deletion of personal data, why we are not yet allowed to delete some or all your data due to legal obligations,
- Objection to the Company’s processing of your personal data
You can always contact the jurisdictional authority responsible for you with a complaint. Your jurisdictional authority will depend on the state of your domicile, work or alleged violation.
By using this website, you consent to the privacy practices described in this policy.
- You have given your express consent to the processing,
- The processing is required to execute a contract with you,
- the processing is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation, or
- the processing is necessary to protect legitimate interests and there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding legitimate interest in not disclosing your information.
Information We Collect
Personal data means any information that may be used to identify an individual. Examples include name, title, work address, business phone and mobile number, email address as well as any other information such as gender that may help identify an individual. Personal data are typically collected from information you provide when you interact with our website and in actions such as:
- Contact form. If you contact us by e-mail or contact form, this establishes your consent for the purpose of communication. This requires the specification of a valid e-mail address. This consent serves for the assignment of the request and the subsequent answering of the same. The specification of further data is at you option. The information you provide will be stored for fulfillment of your request and for future recurring questions.
- When users leave comments on our site, the comments will be saved at the time of their creation and associated with the username identified with the site visitor. This is for our security, as we may be prosecuted for illegal content on our website, even if created by users.
- When subscribing to our email programs such as newsletters, personal data is stored for the purposes of sending periodic communications.
- If you choose to answer surveys that we send to you, your contact information may be stored.
- Other interactions with company representatives at trade shows, conferences, via telephone or other means or in-person visits may result in the storing of personal data for the purposes of future communications for the pursuit or completion of legitimate business reasons.
- Usage data are information collected automatically when you interact with our website or services. Usage data contains information relating to the technology and connection information for the session, and behavior and activity information during that session. Cookies (see below) and other technologies are used by the “Company” and third parties to collect this information.
- Examples of usage data may include Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect to our services, browser type and operating system of the computer, session information such as pages visited, clicks, and whether this was a return visit.
- As another example, we may use Google Adwords to display advertisements to potential customers looking for our products. If you have reached our website via an advertisement served by Google, Google Adwords will set a cookie on your computer that provides information on how many people clicked on the advertisement, and how many filled out the request for information form. We use this information to improve our marketing presentation to our potential customers.
For more information on how Google uses information from partner websites, please see https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
Cookies and other internet data technologies
Cookies are small files saved to your device that allow our services to identify your device and provide advanced functionalities from our website such as storing preferences or passwords. Cookies may also be employed for marketing purposes to improve our services, as described above.
If you do not wish us to collect information using cookies, you may disable cookies via your browser settings. This setting may be found in the preferences section of the browser or by searching for ‘Cookies’ in the help.
Disabling cookies may interfere with certain functions of the website. If you continue to browse this website without changing your browser’s cookie settings, you agree to receive cookies when you use this website.
How we use this information
Unity Scientific will use this information only for operation of our business and to respond to your requests. Examples of such operations include:
When contact or support inquiry forms are filled out, we will use the information provided to contact you to provide information about our products or to respond to your request and resolve the issue.
We may use the information provided to send a follow-up survey to request information about our interaction with you to improve our services.
When you apply for employment, we may use the information provided to contact you as part of our employment screening processes. We may keep your application on file to use for future open positions.
If you subscribe to our marketing or subscription service, will use the information to provide you with promotional or informational materials. You may revoke this permission at any time by opting out of our service. Please click the ‘Opt-out’ link on the communication in question or send the request to the contacts at the bottom of this policy.
How we share this information
Unity Scientific will not sell your personal data and will only use this information for the conduct of our business and to provide services. For these purposes, we may share your information with:
- Companies within our corporate family, KPM Analytics group, including our subsidiaries
- Authorized distribution partners which are locally contracted to provide our products or services
- Third party service providers including shipping, marketing consultants or other contractors
- Any government or law enforcement organization to fulfill a legal request
How long we store this information
Unity Scientific will store this collected personal data indefinitely or as long as needed to fulfill the business purposed described above.
Unity Scientific makes every effort to safeguard personal information and process it according to the definitions in this policy. You have the following rights with regards to your personal information:
Request a copy of personal data stored in our systems
Request that your personal data be permanently erased
Request to be removed from any future sales or marketing communication
Contact us to file a complaint with regards to the processing of your personal data
Request us to restrict further processing of your personal data
Questions to the data protection officer
If you have any questions about privacy, please email us or contact the person responsible for privacy in our organization:
Data Protection Officer
113 Cedar St.
Milford, MA 01757 USA
Tel.: +1 (203) 740-2990